Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

What to expect

As soon as I became a Stay-At-Home-Mom, our household income obviously took a big hit. We had to find a way to make ends meet with the limited amount of money we had. Then I came across the show Extreme Couponing on TLC and it became clear what I needed to do! I have always been the one to find coupons to save a buck, but never realized how much more I could do to save even more...especially on our groceries. I have been "couponing" for 7 months now and in this short time I have created a small stock pile worth $5,100.00 but only paid $2,400.00 for them. For a beginner that is a good savings rate of 59%.

I decided that in the beginning of 2012 I would take my couponing to a new level and really put more effort in savings. In the first 3 weeks of the year I have purchased $845 in goods but only paid $267 for them, a savings of 66% and climbing! My coupon binder is growing dramatically, the space I do have for my stockpile is quickly filling up and my deep freezer is filled to capacity. Follow me on this blog to see how I do it, pick up tips or just check on my progress! I am making a goal this year to try to save our household the amount I would have been paid in a part time job........Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment